WaterRower Oxbridge Rower
The WaterRower Oxbridge Rowing Machine is named for Oxford and Cambridge Universities, two schools known for their long rowing traditions and spirited rivalry. Crafted from gorgeous cherry hardwood, it is part of WaterRower’s Designer Series and is hardy enough for commercial use. It features the WaterRower brand’s patented WaterFlywheel. Rowing the Oxbridge, you’ll really feel as if you’re rowing a boat!
Like all woods, Cherrywood may vary in color from a red-brown to deep red. The wood will darken in color with exposure to light. For this reason all WaterRower Cherrywood components are kept in light free rooms to protect from shadowing. A new WaterRower Oxbridge will therefore appear quite light in color. The wood will however darken over time reaching a rich reddish hue. Each machine has been hand finished with three coats of Danish Oil giving a deep lustre an warmth to the wood. Wood has been chosen due to its marvelous engineering properties, primary amongst these is its ability to absorb sound and vibration enhancing the WaterRower’s quietness and smoothness of use. Cherrywood, like all woods used in WaterRower construction, is a premium hardwood with incredible longevity and dimensional stability. For reasons of ecology, all our woods are harvested from replenishable forests.
- Resistance: The WaterRower Oxbridge is outfitted with a “water flywheel,” which is a set of paddles in an enclosed tank. The paddles provide smooth, quiet resistance, just like boat paddles in an actual body of water.
- Good Looking: The WaterRower Oxbridge is handcrafted from solid cherry. The wood varies in color from reddish brown to deep red. It darkens over time and especially when it’s exposed to lots of light. Extra lustre and warmth for the wood comes from three coats of Danish Oil.
- Cherry Hardwood: The cherry chosen for this model is not only sturdy and beautiful, but also absorbs vibrations for smooth and quiet rides.
- Low Impact: WaterRowers work a measured 84 percent of muscle mass, which makes them much more effective than most other aerobic machines. The exercise is low impact, as the rider’s rowing position removes pressure from over the ankles, knees and hips.
- Workout Programs: The WaterRower’s S4 Monitor is easy to use, yet it’s packed with useful features and can be connected to a PC for integration with other software. It has six preset workouts and lets the rider set up additional workouts based on distance goals, duration goals and interval training. The monitor saves nine consecutive sessions to let you make comparisons or quickly start a routine.
- Data: The S4 Monitor displays intensity in m/s (meters per second), mph (miles per hour), /500m (time per 500 meters), /2km (time per 2 kilometers), watts and Kcalories per hour. Heart rate can be shown too with the addition of optional equipment.
- Advanced Heart Rate Analysis: The Oxbridge indoor rower has a “Zone Feature” alert system to help you stay within your desired heart rate zone. It can work with a wireless system (not included) to show the following readouts: maximum heart rate achieved, time spent above desired heart rate zone, time spent in desired zone, and time spent below desired zone.
- Eco-Minded: Built from sustainable wood, this fitness machine has a relatively light carbon footprint. More than two trees are planted for each tree harvested. The forests chosen are in the Appalachian section of the US, and the rowers are built in the USA.
- Long-Lasting: This machine is built from solid materials and engineered to last a long time. Its cherrywood is a premium hardwood with exceptional longevity and dimensional stability, and its water resistance system doesn’t suffer the wear and tear issues that come with other rowing machine designs. This unit does not require frequent maintenance.
- Easy to Store: The Oxbridge rowing machine flips upright for easy storage. Its stored dimensions are 20” x 22.25” x 82.25”.
- Very High Capacity: The WaterRower Oxbridge Rowing Machine has a user weight capacity of 1000 pounds.
- Good Warranty: The WaterRower Oxbridge is initially backed by a 3-year frame warranty and a one-year parts warranty. With registration the warranty is extended to five years for the frame and three for the components.
The cherrywood WaterRower Oxbridge Rowing Machine feels good to use, provides workout guidance and is built to last. It’s an attractive eco-minded choice for households and commercial fitness centers.